Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reclaiming the Guest Room to the Nursery

Since becoming a grandparent, I now have a need for a nursery. So I decided to redo the guest room into the nursery. Since we are empty nesters, we really don't need a guest room any more. I have plenty of empty beds. I wanted to have a twin bed for the grandkids as they get older, but also have a place where we can sleep in there if needed. Plus it gives Thomas's brother Ronnie a place to sleep when he comes each Thanksgiving. I still want to get an area rug and I want Thomas to build a growth chart with a barn old barn wood (that's another post). Here is how it turned out.


The picture above the crib is Livvey (my granddaughter at 2 weeks of age). The rocker was purchased at an antique auction when I was pregnant with my first child and I rocked my children in it and I'm planning to rock my grandchildren in it too.


The doll was my doll when I grew up. It is such bad shape. My parents kept buying me new ones but I would just take the new clothes off of them and put them on my doll and then keep the new doll for others to play with when I had friends over. The mercury glass owl, other mercury glass jars, and lamps were purchased at Home Goods or TJ Maxx.


The daddy-daughter statue was a gift from my daughters to Thomas.


The nightstand belonged to my mom and I painted it silver (Martha Stewart paint from Home Depot) and the pulls thundercloud (also Martha Stewart). The Precious Moments figurine is for adoption, a gift from my parents (I was adopted). The frame from TJ Maxx.


This is a close up of the picture. I absolutely love it. All the mirror frames are from Target. The curtains are from West Elm and I purchased extra curtains and made the bed skirts.


The mirror above the bed was purchased at Target. It was gold so I painted it with the thundercloud paint.


The book case came from Target.


I purchased the changing table at a local used furniture store. It was in bad shape but I loved the bow front. After patching and repairing I painted it Espresso Beans (Behr from Home Depot) and replaced the pulls with Martha Stewart collection at Home Depot. I think it turned out beautiful.


I love this photo. Livvey was caught pulling her Mom's hair. The angel was hand made by Cissy Chorley for my children. She was a friend of my parents and we once lived across the street from her. She was the most Godly woman I knew and my children always trick or treated at her house. She knew how to make them feel so special.


A close up of the changing table.

I love this room. It will work for girls or boys and for infants to teens.

1 comment:

  1. Could you let me know the paint for your wall color? The greyish blue is very soothing! Excellent decor!

    ReplyDelete