Thursday, August 22, 2013

Not Just Your Mothers Bedside Table!

When repurposing the guest bedroom into the grandchildren nursery, I wanted a bedside table. I looked at mirrored furniture but it wasn't quite right. I saw my mother's bedside table and got an idea. You can view the nursery at Nursery.

I painted it with silver paint. It gave me the look with out the $500 price for only $12.


Here's a close up.


I used these paints.

You can find these at Home Depot. For $5.48 each.

I painted the furniture in Polished Silver and the hardware in Thundercloud. The Precious Moments firgurine is a gift from my parents: Adoption, because I was adopted. I love it and so appropriate for the nursery. I found the frame and the lamp at TJMaxx.

I saved $488. More money for retirement!

Happy Reclaiming!

8 comments:

  1. Did you just apply the paint as directed on the package - or did you do anything special?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks nice. good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks nice. good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you prep the wood before painting? Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. If I did it over again I would lightly sand it before painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you use any kind of primer? Also did you protect it with a top coat?

      Delete
  6. Did you sand it prior to painting? I am looking to re-do mine in a gold-ish metallic. I absolutely love how yours came out. Too perfect!

    ReplyDelete