Friday, January 25, 2013

Painting doors black

I saw a blog by Emily Hewitt where she painted her interior doors. I had seen many blogs about this but she did not use black. She used a dark espresso grayish color. This gave the doors a much more elegant look than the plain black. I am a Home Depot freak and spend so much time there that everyone knows me, has my cell phone number, and greets me asking "what are you working on now?" I used Behr Stealth Jet. I believe it is pretty close to Emily's color.

WHAT A CHANGE IT MAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the look before:
 
 
I really liked the light doors but I was skeptical about the enormity of this project. I have 26 doors.
 
Since I was working on the hallway (which has 7 doors), I thought this was a good place to start. I started with the end door to see what an impact it would make. I have to say that this is probably the single most thing in updating my home that will make the most and best impact.
 
This is the end hall door when I was making the decision:
 
 
As you can see, this is phenomenal!
 
BTW while I'm mentioning Emily Hewitt, everyone HAS to visit her blog. It wasn't until I found her blog through pinterest that I developed a vision for the look of my home. She does eboards for anyone who wants her to decorate their homes. I plan to use her in one particular room in my home when I get to it.
 
I also got a surprise when redoing the knobs, but that's another post.
 
Have a great weekend!

 

 


1 comment: