Monday, July 29, 2013

Reclaiming the Bedroom Lamps

While redecorating my master bedroom, I repainted my dresser. I loved my lamps but they really didn't match my new décor and colors. Not the shape, but the color. So I decided to spray them. Took me all of 10 minutes. I saved at least $200 by not replacing them, and they look great on my painted furniture. Before:


As you can see these are absolutely beautiful but the gold, patina color did not match. Here is the after:


 See how great they look on the painted furniture!

I used
 
 From Home Depot. Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze. Only $6.76 a can. It already has the primer included. I have also used this on my curtain rods and chandeliers and the color is fabulous.
 
Let me know if you have reclaimed your lamps.
 
Happy Reclaiming!

No comments:

Post a Comment